Saturday, April 9, 2011

First look at Xterra Las Vegas bike course

I got up today and book yet another race, off to Texas next weekend for the southwestern Xterra championship, but I digress. I went over to pick up my race packet this morning. I will be #146 for this race. It wasn't windy this morning and the sun was out although I was hoping for warmer temperature. The bike course opened early so I went back to my hotel, changed and headed on my trusty steed. The bike course was what a desert course is to be expected of: dry, fast, sandy, dusty and rocky. There are some harder sections but overall I think it will be a fast course. We were greeted by some rain this afternoon and I'm afraid the swim won't be very warm, even in a full wetsuit. Water temperature is around 16 degrees. I haven't ran the running section but it appears very similar to the bike with some hills. Race start at 8:30, which means I can sleep a bit and not get up before the sun is. I am dedicating this race to all the people I know that have, are affected or have lost someone to cancer. I don't know many people that have not been affected directly or indirectly by this ilness. To paraphrase famous cyclist and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong, LiveStrong!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment