Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Well my ride to San Pelligrino was a bust. We started our ride early to try to get a bit of the cold weather. 40km into the ride the impossible happened! Let me back up for a moment. Back home I am famous for destroying wheels and spoke. It's actually a joke at the shop that they have never seen someone chewing spokes like that. When I got my new specialized tarmac, I was told there was no way i would break a spoke on this new wheel set. Now back to my ride on the way to San Pelligrino, 40 km into the ride the impossible happens, I snap a spoke. My friend Chris could not believe it! The thing with this wheel is that you can't ride your bike anymore until the new spoke get fixed. So his stayed with me and the rest of the boys went on. Put my thumb up as i wasn't planning to walk 40km in bike shoes. First car that stop had a bike rack and this very nice Italian gentlemen offered us a ride back to Palu. Wheel will be fixed tomorrow but I missed an epic 185 km ride. I just hope i won't blow more wheels. Off to Venice tomorrow for touristy stuff.

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment