Monday, May 3, 2010

Vancouver BMO half Marathon

This weekend was my first half marathon on the road on preparation to Ironman. I was running with my good friend Rebecca. If you are looking for inspiration, look no further! Not only Rebecca is training for her first Ironman, she's never done a triathlon. When she started training in October she could barely swim a lap, now she's going for 3000m workouts! Any way I digress. As we were ready to start the race, a black cloud was looming above us signaling that it would be yet another wet day on the pavement. As the race began, we started making our way up and got to a nice 5 min/km pace. At km 12 I had to stop for a bathroom break so I told Rebecca I would catch up. 4 minutes later I was now pushing the pace to try to "reel the chicken" it would take me 5 km just to catch up to her. We finished the race in 1:40:52 which was 5 min faster than our personal goal. I would finish 626 overall and 90 in my age group, which I was quite please with. Next weekend I will be on the Sunshine Coast racing in the first XC Mountain Biking BC Cup. I have decided to race master this year and compete for UCI points; I think I'm in for a rough surprise as the competition will be fierce.

Remember, goals are meant to be broken, pain is only temporary! (hopefully)

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment