Sunday, May 9, 2010

BC Cup#1, Sunshine Coaster

I boarded the ferry saturday morning for the sunshine coast, what a beautiful day! I wasn't the only one with my mountain bike strapped to his car,there must be a race going on or something.

I'm quite happy I got my new bike shorts from SUGOI in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to try them. I'm lucky to be part of the Brand Champion Program with them. I love their stuff and they are a local compagny. As usual I will be wearing my Experience Cycling jersey as I'm quite proud to race for the shop.

I always find cycling humbling, especially when the pack goes up a steep hill and I slowly fade behind. I knew this wasn't going to be easy racing in the Master division and I was right. I book the 3 and half loop course in 1:55:21. I wanted to be under 2 hours so I met my goal. There were some hills, technical sections and some fast decent and a few words coming from me that would no be proper to post. final result was 14/17 racers for Master 30-39.

This was a great course and great competition. That's it for a while competition wise. I'm off to Italy to ride in Tuscany and go watch some stated of the Giro d'Italia. Should be great training. I'll post the rides on the blog. Competition wise I'll be back at it for the Half Ironman in Oliver June 6. June will be a busy racing month with a race every weekend.

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment