Sunday, May 11, 2014

SUN RUN

I apologize for the late blog, just been busy.  The Vancouver Sun Run was two weeks ago.  This  Vancouver staple is a 10 km starting downtown Vancouver.  It has been running for 35 years and my work was putting a team in so I told myself, why not.  Now you have to understand it's a big race, 45000 plus runner from all walks of life come to do the run, some fast, some slow and of course some pros.  Steph and I were able to make our way close to the front of the start.  Not that I'm the fastest but it makes it easier not to have to dodge people while running.  It's been a while since I ran strictly 10 km on its own and I was hoping for a good tome, despite the cold morning with some rain.  As the gun went off I was able to position myself on the side and not having to fight with anyone to get to my pace.  The first km is down hill which can be a bit deceitful when you start looking at your running pace.  As I settle I am always amaze at home many people were present to cheer runners on.  As I weave my way to the finish line, I was quite please with my result.  Steph wasn't too far from me and it was nice to have been out together.  Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment