Thursday, May 29, 2014

Gear 2.0: Cloudsurfer by on_ running

Enter a new weapon in the running arsenal,  Cloudsurfer by on_running. XTERRA   Power couple and friends Jacqui Slack and Ben Allen have been running on these shoes for a while.  I was always curious So I finally got a pair of Swiss runners.  When I think Swiss I immediately think German precision, Italian passion and the French love, which is pretty much what I got in the shoe.  The Cloudsurfer by on_running is all that and more.  Sizing was bang on for me but that said I wear the box, size 12 which it seems that when you get there, all shoe compagny merge into singularity.  The Cloudsurfer is one of five shoes that on_running sells.  The Cloudsurfer is aimed at increasing your performance and can be used both for training and racing.  The shoe itself was very comfie as I put it on and the cushioning was great.  I have been on some short and long run and found that there were no "breaking period" required and that my stride felt a bit bouncier that usual.  There is a cool " I unleash your speed" motto written inside the shoe so bonus for giving me encouragement.  The toe box is generous and did not have any issues.   I don't have a large foot but I found that the top of the laces could feel a bit tight even thought I hadn't thight it too much but it has not affected my running.  On_ running will ship free which is nice as there are not many retailers in Canada.  I haven't had the chance to try any off thre other shoes ( I'd be happy too if they send me a freebe?) but I would say that if your I the market for runners to increase your training and racing performance, give it a shot.  I also have found that my running split have increase in training, although I have no scientific proof that it's based on the shoe alone. I have been very happy with mine I plan to race with them next week. In Grand Rapids for the US 70.3 qualifier to see how they perform in race condition.  Like the name say, it feels like I have been running on cloud.   Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment