Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Scouting report from Guam

After waking up to rain and wondering if the course would bev dry, the tribe went for an open water where I proceeded to sun burn.  Nothing like water and sun while your swim to burn your bike.  That said I saw some great marine life and a few school of fish.  We had a quick lunch and Al, Roy and myself met Rick who was our guide while GL and Allison would go run.  I always feel we are on Mars once we enter the trails in Guam, red dirt and rock make for quite the site.  We were also joined by SA pro Nico.  Poor Roy bailed on one of the technical descent but that would be the only casualty for the ride.  Al was riding well despite coming from a harsh winter on the east coast.  The course winds it's way through some old WWII tanks which is pretty cool. I forgot my camera today but we will ride tomorrow again so I will take some photos. Still jet lagged so it will be an early night for me.  Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment