Monday, March 24, 2014

On the road again, Guam and Saipan here I come, or sonI hope

I'm writing this blog in the early hours of the morning, as the trek has started for Guam and Saipan Xterra 2014, I'm now in Japan waiting for a bus to switch airport to catch our last leg to Guam with travel companions Allison and Roy, I must ponder...was the sacrifice of a carbon frame two weeks ago to the Xterra gods was not sufficient to grant me smooth sailing? ( I wrecked a carbon frame due to my rear tire out of true which shaved almost all the carbon layers) One of my bags is MIA at this time, between aiport, continents who knows where.  I'm looking foreward to sun, heat and racing.  I feel like my training has been going well.  I have focused on swimming and with the help of my buddy Rich and his swimming tips, hope it will pay dividend in the water.  Speaking of bikes I'd be lying if I didn't thank my bike mechanic Jason and the awesome crew at Caps Westwood Maple Ridge store who flipped my bike in record time as well as Gray and Shaun the Canadian rep for getting a frame in about 36 hours!  I'm also looking forward to see the usual suspects and the tribe at each races, always nice to see everyone.  So stay tuned for tails from the trails, scouting reports and race report as it is after all the March of Xterra!  Happy trails

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment