Friday, August 24, 2012

The Lance Factor

As I was running earlier I was thinking about Lance, his career and the USADA.  Now I don't give my opinion very often and like everyone out there I don't have all the facts.  Some people know more than me, some don't.  That said I still remember Lance giving the look to Ian Ulrich of Germany at the tour and taking off up hill.   At that moment I was sold and got interested in the sport of cycling.  The reality is that Lance has never tested positive,  and he is one of the most tested athlete in the world.   Has he or has not taken performance enhancing drugs, who knows.  What makes me sad is that many people tend to forget what he has done for Cancer.  His foundation has raised 500 million dollars for cancer research and has helped thousand of people, some I know very well.  It also makes me sad that people are now saying " what does the yellow band signifies now" It signifies the fight against cancer, the hope for a cure, the  reminder of lost ones.  Let's not forget all the good that Lance has done, that you like him or not, he still beat cancer and helped others.  As for the USADA, seem weird that you can go after past performance and only going after one person, looks like a witch hunt to me.


On another note, one week or so before Xterra Canada, stay tuned for the usual scouting report and race action packed in Canmore, Alberta.  Happy Trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment