Thursday, May 17, 2012

On the road to the ITU world cross championship

After a long day of travel yesterday to Pelham, Alabama I was up early this morning. After a quick breakfast and putting my bike together, I headed over Oak mountain Park, the theatre of this year's ITU world cross Championship. The bike course had been shorten a bit but it is a very cool course. Mostly single track with twists and turns, it will be a fast course. One big gradual climb and the more descents awai with a few tricky section. This will be a non wetsuit and no speed suit race for the swim. It will slow me down a bit but I guess it will make for a fast transition! Weather is beautiful and the race should be fun. A stacked field of 29 in my age group with only 2 Canadians and one South African to compete against team USA. I picked my race packet today as well, I wispoke wearing #254 for this race. Tomorrow another light swim and a run, race starts at 8:15 local time. Feel free to check it out. Il keep posting updates. Until then, happy trails! Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment