Monday, July 11, 2011

Xterra Vason Island

This weekend I was headed for Vashon Island Xterra. As I was waiting for the ferry, I discovered a tinny leak in my tubless tire. I would have to put a tube as I wasn't able to seal it. I had never been to this island off Seattle and was pleasantly surprised by it's charm. This race was more like a sprint Xterra, with 800 m swim, 22 km mountain bike and 5.6 km trail run. The swim was in a cove and although it was salt water, it felt more like swimming in a lake. The mountain bike course was a 3 loop course with a big hill right off the bad but the terrain was so loose that it was a hike a bike. Overall the bike course was fun. The trail run course was a two loop course and was a very nice course. I would cross the finish line in two hours. Good for a seventh place in my age group and ninth overall out of 95 racers. As usuall, my age group was very fast with some great riders. I forecast a break next weaken with no races on the harizon. Fear not, I should be back at it the following week for the five peak trail serie. I will also be doing Xterra Czech Republic and Xterra Germany in august. Happy trail!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment