Sunday, July 3, 2011

Final results at the Vancouver sprint

Woke this morning to another gray day. As I made my way to Jericho, the weather seemed improving. After setting my transition I went over to the water to watchnthe half iron swim. It's nice to see other swimmer and it gave me an idea about the current. The water was cold and it took a little bit to get used to during my warm up. The race started at 7:45 with the first wave being the men's field. A frantic pace ensued with some bumping and grabbing as it usually happens. I exited the water in 8:38, which was my fastest swim time for this event. After a quick transition, I headed on the bike, aware that Sean and Roy were ahead of me. I would book the ride course in 43 min with an average of 36.6 km an hour. Another quick transition and I was off for the run. I gave my best to try to catch my buddy Roy but at the end, he would cross the line about 40 seconds ahead of me. I would cross the line 2 minutes faster than last year and I wad pleased with. Sean would finish second overall and would win the friendly wager with a 40 km/hrs speed average! I would finish 5/58 in the 30-39 and 16/233 overall. I will be down in Vashon island next weekend in Washington for an Xterra race. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment