Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Scouting Reprot from the bike course at Xterra Quebec Cityoo

This will be my first Xterra since I broke my foot.  Although I'm from Quebec I have never done this race and had never ridden the course.  I arrived last week, fighting a strep throat infection. The weather had been rainy and I had no idea what to expect from the course.  The bike course is a 6 km loop that each riders will have to navigate five times.  I would describe the course as being in line with  what I expected from cross country riding in la belle province, technical, short but steep climb with lots of rocks and roots.  You know you're in for a challenge when you're two minutes into the course and you're already face with a "chicken pass" section. Other trails such as S curve, bobsleigh and cheese grater will also greet you along the way.  The challenge will be that with 100 racers or so and not a lot of place to pass, the faster racers might end up catching the back of the field near the end.  The run course has some steep section right off the bat and will also see racers do two loops or roughly 5 km each.  Another true cross country course with roots, rocks that will challenge especially after the bike.  It seems that so far the rain has held off and the course is looking good, we will have to see as there is some rain in the forecast.  Water temperature is borderline for a non wetsuit swim so let's hope it's stays unde the limit.  My lovely wife will take over my tweeter account on race day so feel free to follow @chuck98  Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment