Saturday, June 7, 2014

Team V and the grand rapid triathlon

I was fortunate to be invited to ride with my friend Al's riding team for what was supposed to be a light ride with a short team time trial. I was using one of Al's road bikes as no TT bike are allowed.  These guys have been riding together forever and it's quite nice to be riding in with a group of people.  As for the short 30 min warm up, it turned into an hour long ride and then split the team in team of 5 riders for a 8 miles time trial.  My short ride ended up being 60 km in total but it was fun and a good way to get some mileage done before the race.  Sadly I did something to my right knee, which is now bugging me.  But after multiple face time consultation with my physios, seems it will be all right.

I drove the bike course yesterday as they changed it a bit from 2 years ago, adding what the call the thre sisters who are supposed to be some gentle rolling hills.  The jury is still out on how gentle they are but we shall see.  As usual a stack field in my age group with 100 racers and over 800 total for the half iron distance.  Today was a short ride run swim and packet pickup.  5876 in the number assigned to me and you can follow me on live tracking tomorrow on the link below.  7 am start (eastern time zone) and I'm in the second  swim wave. Stay tuned for the race report tomorrow.  Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

http://www.racetecresults.com/MyResults.aspx?CId=16371&RId=42&EId=3&AId=18114


No comments:

Post a Comment